Re: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina
From: TWFAUST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:28:33 EDT
 I filled up this morning at $2.94, while I was doing that they were changing
the sign to $3.11. Fortunately, they change the sign before they change the
pump.

I can't be too bitter with the stations about this. Gas is a "cash" business.
At the next tank fill, if they don't have cash or a certified check, no gas
for them. Knowing that the wholesale will rise, they immediately change the
price of the gas in the ground. This gives them enough cash to pay for the
re-fill. they are still making pennies a gallon.

I can't help but believe that we will be expected to be grateful when the
price lowers to $2.20. Glad I don't have diesel. I am worried that home heating
oil will hit $2.50 (it is diesel without the dye or the tax, big fines if you
put it in your truck), that could look like a $5,000.00 heating bill.

Tom in  Massachusetts