Re: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina

To: <TWFAUST@aol.com>, Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:53:23 -0500
> Tom

> I can't be too bitter with the stations about this. Gas is a "cash" business.
> At the next tank fill, if they don't have cash or a certified check, no gas
> for them. Knowing that the wholesale will rise, they immediately change the
> price of the gas in the ground. This gives them enough cash to pay for the
> re-fill. they are still making pennies a gallon.
>
> I can't help but believe that we will be expected to be grateful when the
> price lowers to $2.20. Glad I don't have diesel. I am worried that home
> heating
> oil will hit $2.50 (it is diesel without the dye or the tax, big fines if you
> put it in your truck), that could look like a $5,000.00 heating bill.

I'm not bitter, but I'm not jumping for joy either. Not to get on too big a
rant I think we're being manipulated and ripped off on a number of levels.
And for once let it go with that because all we can really do, short term
anyway, is minimize the effects on our personal situations.

That aside, being able to get 30 mpg or better in a roadster is a good
thing. Did any of us ever think we'd be looking at our toys as "economy"
cars?

FWIW,
Ron