RE: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina
From: "Michael Knorr" <mhknorr@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:20:28 -0600
I wouldn't worry about nor apologize to anyone who might be offended by your
views on oil and Katrina. I'm one of those loose-assed bleeding heart
anti-war liberals too. Stand up and shake it, man. Considering the current
administration, its anti-Constitution right-wing religious, pro-oil
profiteering agenda, all we liberals have left is to grouse. The Right's
winning at the moment; why should they complain.

Regards, Michael Knorr
1966 SPL311

>>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:37:12 -0400
>>From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
>>Subject: Oil Companies, the Economy and Katrina
>>
>>I wonder if the oil companies and refiners will forsake massive profit
>>opportunities to ease the shock of the price increases.
>>
>>I am also thinking that oil shortages will happen, much like the 70s.
>>
>>I also think that the Katrina disaster will push a fragile economy into
>>recession.  After all, our 'great' economy has been built on ever
>>increasing
>>levels of debt with people spending far beyond their incomes and this debt
>>has
>>been bought by foreign nations, especially China, to encourage our
>>spending
>frenzy.
>>
>>I also think that China and the EU should start worrying as American debt
>>has
kept those economies afloat.