Re: Brake Line Mystery

To: roadster68@shaw.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Line Mystery
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:07:37 EST
Larry,

    The roadster should be all SAE fittings. The metric  ones are just a
little bigger and should not fit. Now, you can put SAE lines  into the metric
cylinders but only the tips of the threads catch and  strip out very easily.
I've
done a few flares on brake tubes and find that you  need to be careful to get
them just right and have had to redo them sometimes.  It's worth trying to
take the leaky joint apart, clean it up good and put it  back together. Just
loosening and resnugging will help them seal also. Make sure  the line is
resting
square in the fitting before tightening it. If the nut is  bending and pulling
the line it's likely to not seat square. The brakes are  about a 1000 psi
system and the joints can be a little tricky some times.

keith

In a message dated 1/4/2006 3:45:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,