Re: Brake Line Mystery

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Line Mystery
From: geegc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:55:45 -0500
In 1967 I was stranded in the middle of the country when a front brake line
broke on my new 1966 1600.  (It was my fault.)

I went into a car parts place and when they were done laughing (what's a
Datsun?) they looked at the broken line and said "that's a Chevy part."  Sure
enough, the lines and the fittings were the same and with some careful bending
I was off again to California.  That Chevy part is still on the car.  And I do
recall a discussion of double flaring.

Gary C
1966 1600