Re: Brake Line Mystery

To: roadster68@shaw.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Line Mystery
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:47:41 EST
Other than perhaps a little anti-seize I can't think of anything you would
put on them. New crush washers are easy to seat, they are dead soft copper.
After you use them a couple of times they turn into work hardened copper and
are
 hard to seat. That's why they recommend new ones. In a pinch you can heat
the  washer red with a propane torch and drop it in water. Unlike steel, that
will  soften the copper washer.
keith

In a message dated 1/5/2006 12:08:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,