Front Suspension

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Suspension
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:51:32 -0600
Hello Fellow Listers,  Finally getting 15 inch Panasports put on w/ new
tires.  Found the various settings for toe-in, camber, castor in my Datsun
1600/2000 manual.  Are the following  numbers correct and do they apply the
same considering I am moving from 14" to 15" wheels?  I will only be using
the roadster for city and highway driving.
Toe-in:  2 - 3 mm/  Camber:  1 degree & 25 minutes/  Caster:  1 degree & 30
minutes
Angle of Inclimation of Swivel Axel:  6 degrees & 35 minutes (ball joint
type)
Tread:1.270 mm
Turning Angle of Front Wheel:
Inside:  36 degrees & 16 minutes/  Outside:  28 degrees & 20 minutes.
Minimum Turning Radius:  4.90 meters (16 feet)
Camber Shim:  Standard 6 mm (adjusting shim 1 mm, 2 mm, 4 mm).
Caster Shim:  Front & Rear  1.2 mm.
Any other neccessary info required for tire shop?  Thanks in advance!
Larry.