Re: I hate trucks!!!!

To: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: I hate trucks!!!!
From: Dave Corbitt <DCorbitt77@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:24:44 -0400
Hi Alvin,

Ouch!!! Hmmmm, looks like from the pictures you had to pass him on
the right. I know it's tempting when someone is hogging the left lane
(passing lane in most countries) and I've done it myself when
flashing my high beams won't get the bum out of the passing lane.
Passing on the right is illegal in my state, maybe yours too, and
downright dangerous as you know due to massive blind spots, even when
the odds are a little more level with similar sized vehicles. Thank
goodness you weren't hurt and your incredible Roadster didn't get
crushed. Those lifted 4x4's should be illegal on the road and only
allowed at Monster Truck shows in Demolition Derbies!!!! Amazing what
is allowed on the roads in this country. In some states there is a
grass roots movement to enforce "Keep Right Except to Pass" as the
prime directive on all roads, especially multi lane freeways, unless
traffic is solidly jammed up and moving way below the limit. Some
states would need to pass legislation to make this all important rule
the law. This is the solidly enforced law of the land on the German
Autobahns with steep fines for noncompliance and in some US states
but not well enforced by most states due to the American driver's
penchant to "own" a lane once they get in it and not pull back over
to the right once they have passed someone. Your experience just
reinforces to me the need for better  law enforcement to get people
put of the left lane once they've done their overtaking so people
like you and me don't need to take risks and pass on the right to get
around a moving roadblock. I'm surprised your bozo Road Warrior
pulled over. Seems like he was in his own oblivious dreamworld
surrounded by his massive death machine.

Your posts are always interesting and your enthusiasm is contagious.
I look forward to the next one.

Best regards
Dave Corbitt
Summit, NJ
'69 2000
'68 2000
both resting and awaiting more work in the garage