RE: I hate trucks!!!!

To: "Mike Harper" <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: I hate trucks!!!!
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:37:04 -0500
 Yep, what Mike said is true and using this method myself.  Our 16 year
old niece lives with us and kept hitting people when changing lanes with
her Jeep Grand Cherokee.  We would quiz her and ride with her to see
what she was doing wrong (other then just being an immature teen) and
found she was not looking over her shoulder.  Her Jeep has inherent
blind spots.  After she started looking and not just glance in her
mirrors the accidents stopped. Another thing she was doing was putting
her seat back to low.  Kids think this is cool, but very unsafe.  Kids
are being killed because they slide under the seat belt in an accident
and get ejected from the car.

Laws in the South are lax like yours in LA (not Lower Alabama - guys
over next to the other pond).  In Idaho we had bumper heights (people
were lifting their trucks and rolling then in the hills due to high CG)
and tires must be completely covered by the fender due to many gravel
roads.  I even got pulled over in Idaho for excessive RPM.