Re: [Roadsters] California fires

To: 'Datsun Roadster List' <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] California fires
From: Chris Casey <chrisca66@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
  Monday, October 22, 4:20 am...

  I awoke to the sounds of the block behind us in flames.
  We had no warning... we flew out of the house in less than five minutes.
  The street behind us was in falmes, the cul-d-sac to the north was in flames,
the hill to the west was in flames.  I had to leave the roadster behind.  I
just couldn't see driving a convertable when it was raining flaming embers!

  When I talked the police into escorting me back into our neighborhood on
Tuesday to look for our cat "Archie" I found our house still there.  We lost 4
houses on our street, 11 on the street behind us, and 24 on the block behind
that (on Lankenshire... where president Bush took his stroll through the
rubble).

  The house is pretty smokey and the garage is covered in sute and ash,
including the roadster.  But at least is is still there!

  All in all, a very close call.

  Chris Casey
  66' 1600
  Rancho Bernardo