Re: [Roadsters] valve tick / clatter

To: jover4x4@aol.com, DATSUN LIST <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] valve tick / clatter
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:18:01 -0600
Just a guess, but what about a loose wrist pin? I would expect that to
be more of a lower end noise, but have never experienced a loose wrist
pin myself.

First, try pulling the plug wire to see if it makes a difference in the
noise. Then try removing the push rods from #1 one at a time to see if
the noise is still there. I've had a similar noise ion the past that
turned out to be a loose or broken bolt holding the fan/water pump
pulley on. Try removing the fan belt for a quick check. What's the odds
that the cam timing gear is loose?

Good hunting.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake jover4x4@aol.com:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443