[Roadsters] re valve tick

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (roadster list)
Subject: [Roadsters] re valve tick
From: racery@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:58:44 +0000
Yeah, me too-
I kept one of the pistons that had a little half- moon in it...
mine was so bad when I got it that it wouldn't wind over 3000 rpm...
now I have 2l pistons.

One other thing to rule out, though- make sure it's not an exhaust leak.
If the gasket's blown on the offending cylinder, that can sound a lot like a
tick.

Toby
Seattle

"I hope I'm wrong; otherwise I've got bad news for you.  It's the pistons
hitting the machined head.
The 1600 head can't take much of a trim before the slight dome of the stock
pistons get too close.  (old news)
This was my very first harsh lesson in Roadster engine work..."