Re: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X

To: "Nathaniel Leeds" <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X
From: Phill Brook <fairlady@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:25:33 +1100
Nathaniel,
A well made and properly mounted exhaust should rarely bang against
the chassis.
As well as exhaust mounts, you probably also need to change the
engine and gearbox mounts so there is less movement to start with.
Have they ever been changed on your car or are they still the 40 year
old originals?

A short stainless steel flexi section should also be fitted at the
end of the extractors to isolate most of the remaining drivetrain
movement from the main exhaust pipe. You can also slightly flatten
(or oval) the section of exhaust pipe that passes through the chassis
for extra clearance.

Hope that helps.

Phill B