Re: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X

To: "Phill Brook" <fairlady@bigpond.com>, "Nathaniel Leeds"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:39:20 -0600
Nathaniel,

The factory part is flattened where it passes through the cross-member.  I'm
with Phill, if the exhaust is properly aligned and supported, and if the
engine and motor mounts are in good shape, the exhaust will not interfere
with the frame.

When I first put a header on my car, the headpipe did not line up properly.
Heating and bending a bit helped, but a flex coupling at the header-headpipe
junction will mask a lot of minor ills.

Gary