[Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X
From: "Nathaniel Leeds" <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:09:24 -0800
I finally got my smelling beast up on a lift to find out why the exhaust
wasn't leaving out the back of the pipe. The answer, unsurprisingly, was
that there was a leak. Here's the frustration: the leak was where the
exhaust pipe passed through he X support in the frame. Apparently the pipe
bangs against that x, and cuts itself; replacing the pipe will set me up for
the same problem in two months.

Before I go and replace that section of pipe and wait for it to leak again
in 2 months, I though I'd ask if anyone else has had this problem, and found
a solution?

Nathaniel Leeds
'69 2000
(a.k.a. wheezy)