Re: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X

To: nmleeds@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Exhaust problems - the cutting - X
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:55:44 EST
One problem is that the stock pipes are pretty skinny. Go with bigger pipes
and there can be problems. Here is what I did. At the header I installed a
short  piece of the stainless mesh flex pipe. Then I went through the X with 1
3/4  pipe. This was hard mounted so it can not vibrate and rub. The flex piece
allows  the engine to move. Then a Sonic turbo muffler. Then 2" over the axle
and out  the back. I rubber mounted the 2" section. One thing to watch for is
the parking  brake rod. The first one I did was too close behind the axle and
it hit the  parking brake rod when I dropped the car off the jack stands. I
haven't had any  exhaust rattles since I installed this system.

keith

In a message dated 11/25/2008 5:10:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,