Re: [Roadsters] Removing the cam

To: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>, "datsun"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Removing the cam
From: "MH" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:09:51 -0500
Remove valve cover, loosen rocker arms sufficiently to relieve lifter
tension at high cam lobe positions or remove rocker shaft / arm assembly &
push rods, After you pull the engine from the car, turn the engine upside
down then remove:

oil pan (optional, but is a good idea for guiding the cam in and out), fan
belt, crank pulley/damper, timing cover, timing chain, cam gear, cam gear
retainer, ........then extract the cam. That's the BASIC info. Go thru those
steps, and you'll learn the smaller, intermediate things as you go.

Disclaimer:  ..... I might have forgotten other important items, but that's
the general idea. I think there is more info in the service publications.
Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5-Speed