Re: [Roadsters] Removing the cam

To: ljordan704@netscape.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Removing the cam
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:51:41 -0500
You can start with a solvent using galley brushes for all openings. Pull
the plug on the back of the engine that plugs the oil galley and clean
it real good.

Blow out the passages and repeat until you don't get any more crud out.

Next switch to a water based cleaner like Simple Green and the galley
brushes and repeat until clean. Others may have a better cleaner, but
this has worked for me.

After all the galleys are clean, including the water jacket, clean the
bottom end the same way, then plug all the holes and clean the exterior
the same way.

That should do it, lots of solvent, air water based cleaner and more air.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake ljordan704@netscape.net, On 9/17/2009 5:51 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001