fot

TR-3 Stuff

To: "'Malaboge@aol.com'" <Malaboge@aol.com>
Subject: TR-3 Stuff
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:19:26 -0500
Nick of Norcal.

Your are right about the salutation. I have thought about it, but havnt
come up with a solution.

I tried two single lip seals in the past (didnt work) which leads me to
the Drews theory. When I changed from the two single lip seals to the
OEM seal, I also changed the HUBS & the outer seals.

We think there is a possibility that under extreme heat from braking,
the grease liquefies and finds its way to the drums if the outer seals
and their contact surfaces are not to spec.

I forgot to mention this in the earlier posting...(thanks Jack)

Appreciate your comments.....

Joe

I DO have tandem seals on the differential input shaft of the TR3
because I could find just the single lip seal at Bearing Service. works
fine.