fot

Re: TR-3 Stuff

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-3 Stuff
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:21:46 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-28 17:53:42 EDT, Joe sez...

<<
 Your are right about the salutation. I have thought about it, but havnt
 come up with a solution.

 I tried two single lip seals in the past (didnt work) which leads me to
 the Drews theory. When I changed from the two single lip seals to the
 OEM seal, I also changed the HUBS & the outer seals.

 We think there is a possibility that under extreme heat from braking,
 the grease liquefies and finds its way to the drums if the outer seals
 and their contact surfaces are not to spec.

Personal opinion mode on here...
I think the worst thing Triumph did was to put grease fittings on the rear
axle.  Most all of us Pavlovian type see a fitting and pump it FULL of
grease, waitin for it to squeeze out as if it were a tie rod end.  I belive
we must all look at the "wrong" end of a grease gun to find a major culprit
in the "oiled" rear shoes...

 The Car Curmudgeon...
     Nick in Nor Cal