fot

Re: Commercial Members of FOT

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: Re: Commercial Members of FOT
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:31:45 -0400 (EDT)
I don't really know Ken, though I have heard his name at the beginning and
end of sentences in the pits.
Ted and Doris are usually at most events anyway.
I do second the idea we would hope they down play the send money aspect. I'm
sure they can deal with that.
Hey, the more the merrier!
Now about those Spitfire axles...............................

Russ Moore
Spitfire  #49 (the beast lives on!)

(status to those who are interested;)
Car has been fully torn down and all repair parts are on the way including a
full set of Summers Bros axles and all
the googahs to prevent me from having to do yet another repaint in the near
future. Paint should last longer than eight years!
Much to my amazement and satisfaction it seems the body can be saved with
some creative work, some parts a mop and some paint.
The frame is fully dissected and all the nasty bits removed and will be
checked on a frame machine Friday. It will then be sand
blasted and crack tested, a few gussets added and reassembly can start.
I have come to the conclusion I prefer driving the Spit much more than
flying it. It makes such lousey landings.
Keep 'em flying!
russ