fot

Oil Pressure.

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure.
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 97 17:14:55 pst
     Guys I've got a bit of an oil pressure problem in left hand turns.
     Especially in left hand turns.  I know the oil pick-up is not picking
     up oil but air during this time.  I tried making oil pan baffles  with
     some simple hinges to fold down if decelerating.  Sort of trying to
     dam-up  the area near the pick-up.  I even changed the pick-up by
     making a new one and placeing it about 3/8 of an inch above the bottom
     of the pan where it sucks only from the bottom of the pan not
     sides...or end.

     I now have a two quart accusump.

     But, after several oil pumps nothing seems to help.  I load an extra
     1.5 quarts into the sump.  I pray each time I get into a turn deeply
     and turn in hard and accelerate.  Pressure drops and stays low while
     the accumulator empties and about three seconds later the pressure is
     normal.  I change the rod bearings after two races...and use Mobile 1.

     any comments?
     Mordy

     Any suggestions?