fot

Re: Oil Pressure.

To: mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure.
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 23:25:45 -0400 (EDT)

<<  Pressure drops and stays low while
      the accumulator empties and about three seconds later the pressure is
      normal.  I change the rod bearings after two races...and use Mobile 1.

      any comments?
      Mordy >>
     I realize that sinthetic oil viscosity does not fit regular SAE numbers,
but is your oil the very thin stuff that Mobile 1 used to be?
    What sump are you running?
    I suspect that you are having oil foaming problems.
    Click & Clack #2 would be viscosity/clearance problems.
    I run a std. TR factory sump & pump & pickup and run 1/2 quart above
the full mark.  I used to run Castrol 20/50 , but have run Redline 40w for
years.  The pressure tap is directly off the main gallery.  How much
does your car lean in the corners?
         Regards     HP
    P.S.  I used to change the rod brgs. every two races, but with Redline
I go a full season