fot

Re: Oil Pressure.

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure.
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 97 14:12:41 EDT
On Jun 20,  1:19pm, "Dunst, Mordecai" wrote:
>      I have been leeking through the dipstick hole and have tried
>      "o" rings, teflon and rebending the stick without much success..

On Chip's suggestion (and he's doing it, too), when I was getting the
block worked on, I had the shop tap the dipstick hole for an 1/8 NPT
allen head plug.  While running, I just plug the hole; then simply
remove the plug and insert dipstick when its time to check the oil.
Voila - no more leaks (from there, anyway!).

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm