fot

Re: Rotoflex rear suspension

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Rotoflex rear suspension
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:09:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, R. John Lye wrote:

> Hi all,
>      This weekend I discovered a problem with my GT-6+ (Rotoflex
> suspension).  About a year ago, I developed a clunking sound like

[stuff deleted]

> it out yesterday, I discovered that I've broken one of those
> same bolts again.  I can't understand why I'm breaking these
> bolts, can anyone help me?  Is this common?

I can't comment on the frequency of this repair, but I'll presume that
you are not doing "smokey burnouts" at the local burger joint.... ;-)

>  Any ideas what I
> can do to prevent it from happening again?  I'm getting tired
> of removing these broken ends and re-installing Rotoflex joints.

Barry Schwartz (of Ford V-6 powered fame) wound up using TR6 sliding
spline axles on his Spit rear to replace the rotoflex joints... you might
try asking him about the caveats/pitfalls of the conversion.

Sorry, but I can't find a Web reference...

> thanks folks,
>
> John Lye
> rjl6n@Virginia.edu

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |