fot

Re: Rotoflex rear suspension

To: rjl6n@virginia.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotoflex rear suspension
From: Catpusher <Catpusher@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 01:57:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/13/98 5:29:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjl6n@virginia.edu writes:

<< one of the bolts that holds the Rotoflex joint to the outer
 stub axle had broken,  >>

<snip>  How low is the ride height?  Just a guess.  Ellie's almost
200,000 mile 1970+ has never done this, with wide wheels, tires, and guess
who's lead foot.  I am more than due to replace the rotoflexes for the second
time.
We have owned the car from new; do you have a DPO factor (as in impact gun
assy)?

 If this was the big Triumph list I would have to ask if the metal band had
been
removed   lol  (my attempt at FOT humor here)

Any signs of the remaining fasteners working in the stub axle, or being too
tight?

The rotoflex was used in some fairly potent real race cars, can someone tap
that data base?

I do hope that you can find better help than this!                    HP