fot

Re: Observation @ VTR

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: Observation @ VTR
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:56:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Alexander Joseph H wrote:
> A recent thread on the "Triumph List" indicates a significant absence of
> TR4/TR4As.
> Jack Drews and I made this observation at the VTR Convention. We were very
> surprised that they were hard to find in the parking lot at the hotel.
> A bit mind boggling....why is this and why are they being hid out?
> Not as classic as a TR3 and not as "new" as a TR6, but quite civilized as
> drivers. Why are they staying away in droves?

Dear Brethren,
One explanation that holds for at least myself and Irv, is that we are in
the midst of restoration projects that are keeping the TR4A's in the
garages. This is possibly due the the later vintage of the 4 family which
are just hitting their maturity at 30-35 years, hence all the fixed up 3's
precede and the yet to be fully restored 6's are still on the roads.
Anyway, I'm hoping to emerge from the garage for a shakedown sometime this
fall...  if I'm lucky.
-Kevin