fot

Re: Let me have it!

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Let me have it!
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 07:21:44 -0400
At 01:39 AM 10/2/98 -0600, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>For those of you still reading, here's where you come in.  I'm looking for
>ideas to raise funding.  The new owners of the place would be happy to lease
>the site to a group that deals with racing.

Mark, there's an old track a bit south of here, near Danville, VA.  It
was founded in the early 50's and was used up until the late 60's or
early 70's as I understand it.  The track is still there, unused but not
torn up.  Of course, it also needs a lot of updating for safety and
convenience reasons.  Recently a vintage racer and resort developer
from somewhere in the NY/NJ area signed a 100 year lease with the
owners and is turning it into a "racer's country club"  If you'd
like to see their ideas, check out: http://www.virclub.com/
It looks like its going to be a neat facility; they've got some
good ideas.

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu