fot

RE: Let me have it!

To: rmbownes@intermedia.com
Subject: RE: Let me have it!
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:58:24 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Been out for a few days... didn't make it to IRP (bummer) - wished I was
there, I could have lent a hand to UnKle JacK Racing, from what I've
heard so far.

As for funding a new race facility, it turns out the New England Region
(NER SCCA) is apparently in the process of doing the same thing out our way.

With the closing of Bridgehampton for a freekin' golf course (sorry
golfers - it was BRIDGEHAMPTON)... the NASCARisation of NHIS, no Sunday
anything at Lime Rock, etc. etc, there has been pressure on the region to
do something. Ironically, one venue that was supposed to go on line last
year is still not ready - that being a vacated military base on Long
Island (somewhere) that was used in the TWA 800 investigation.

So, New England Region has contacted a down and out airport in the middle
of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and will be building a new road
course with paddock etc. for club racing and other activities.

The point is: funding is a big deal for a project of this magnitude,
because even a bare-minimum facility and track is expensive, and land is
not exactly cheap in New England... so we're talking about millions of
$$$. NER is actively recruiting sponsors and investors - very much like
has been discussed on this list for the Utah project.

If I was wealthy - and I am most def. not wealthy - I'd love to help out.

C'est la vie! And Good luck.

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |