fot

Re: What the heck am I Doing???

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: What the heck am I Doing???
From: "Baxter Culver" <peyote222@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:48:20 -0800
I think Bill Babcock got it right!
Entropy--there's a word.
I do have one conclusionary comment--that about not having enough time to
complete all of the projects before the reaper takes us along.   Secretly,
we all know that and this obsession to fill every nook and cranny with
sub-assemblies, and painted parts, and swap meet finds, is just a way of
insuring that our heirs (if there be any) or the state conservator/executor
(if there are none) goes absolutely insane trying to figure out what to do
with all this stuff  after we are "gone".   Ah, sweet revenge on those who
never properly appreciated the true value of the things we collect and
treasure in our lifetime.

I just spent the better part of two months loading four (4) forty cubic yard
trash containers.  My father-in-law, spent thirty years collecting wood
bits--doors, lumber, windows, engineered trusses, you name it,   and left it
behind when he moved from the homested.    A couple of more trips to the
dump and we'll have it ready for the realtor.