fot

Re: Fuel System Questions

To: <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <Malaboge@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Fuel System Questions
From: "Baxter Culver" <peyote222@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:57:04 -0800
Strombergs as "junk".   Years ago, when I was finishing the restoration of a
Lotus Elan which had 175 Strombergs,  I attended one of those seminars held
by a former Lotus works racing guy (whose name has been obliterated by a
pint or more of good scotch) who said, and I quote,  "the fastest  racing
elan we ever set up had stombergs"   "faster than the best we could do with
webers on a works Type 26r"   He wasn't selling the secret needles--but he
did tell us which ones seemed to be the best for an upgrade.   Damn thing
did run well after that, I must say.   So!  Strombergs as junk?