fot

Re: VTR Driving

To: gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, rbownes@neworks.net, amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV
Subject: Re: VTR Driving
From: TRBILBO@AOL.COM
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 19:03:44 EDT
Greg wrote...

Subj:    Re: VTR Driving
Date:   99-07-11 14:26:12 EDT
From:   gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com (Greg Solow)
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
To:     rbownes@neworks.net (bob bownes), amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV (Andrew Mace)
CC:     fot@autox.team.net

>>>The standard 1500 head gaskets were all designed to fit on a block that has
a relief machined into the deck surface around each cylinder. The gasket has
an extra thick compression "fire ring" that fits into that relief.  If used
on a block without the relief, the cylinders may seal but all of the water
and oil passages will surely leak badly.

>>>Regards, Greg Solow

So true FOT head cases...smile...
....as the pool in my driveway can attest when we got one in a 1300 by
mistake two weeks ago. Very embarassing. Definitely a two Guiness job. But
then again what isn't?

Bill Burroughs