fot

Re: THE BIG BLOW

To: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: THE BIG BLOW
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:25:18 -0700
I hope everyone in Floyds path takes this Hurricane seriously.

I work for USAir Ways here in Charlotte NC.  We had a lengthy
discussion today about our battle plans.  When Hugo came through
in 1989, it caught Charlotte off gaurd.  We experienced much
higher winds than anyone ever anticipated.  Lots of damaged
aircraft resulted.  Not this time.  Aircraft will be ferried out
and all material that is currently outdoors...will be moved
indoors.

My wife and I were on the island of Bermuda when Felix came to
visit.  We could not get off the island and rode out the catagory
3 storm.  Sustained winds of 130 mph for almost 10 hours was nerve
wrecking!  It was the first time I've ever seen St. Elmos Fire
though.  Lots of light blue flashes and balls of blue flame
jumping from one tall tree to the next.
Mother Nature will always humble mankind.

Pat in NC