fot

Re: Hubs and the such

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Hubs and the such
From: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:33:23 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> So I'll keep this short.  One of my "favorites" is the person who says
> [usually in not such explicit terms]  "Thanks for the research and effort
> you put into solving my problem and lining up the parts, now one last thing.
> Can you provide a list of places where I can get it done cheaper, so I can
> insure that you don't profit from your efforts?"

Ouch! That one hits home. I once offered to help find an Audi Fox GTi decal
set for a "friend" -- kind of a scarce item even only several years after
the car was built. Called in a favor, which resulted in the friend
who provided the favor searching much of Germany for said item, which he
finally found. (Ok, it was sort of his vocation, but it was way off his
normal line!)

Guess who didn't need the decal. Luckily my other friend was
philosophical (and nice) about the whole thing.

--Andy