fot

Re: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2

To: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:14:15 -0700
My experience was also similar...  I felt so defeated... because I just
couldn't figure this problem out...   All the grounds/cables APPEARED to be in
great shape... and all the connections were tight...    Finally... one day...
when it died somewhere in Hollywood...  I hopened the bonnet and gave all the
connections a good wiggle... not expecting to find anything new... but just to
do it...  well...   the ground was, indeed, tight around the battery and secure
to the firewall... BUT.. when I wiggled the cable... it just fell out of the
large battery connector...  It was a poorly made connector... and it had simply
worked itself loose... but not loose enough to be obvious to a visual
inspection!  UGHH!

(So now, if you look under my bonnet... and you see that I spent $$$$ on gold
plated, fancy over-the-top, over-kill, battery cables...  you'll know the story
behind it.)

--Justin