fot

Re: fot and flares

To: Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot and flares
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:36:42 EDT
Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com writes:

<< In 1969 i ran 5 1/2 inch wheels on my tr-4 that  were hand me downs from
 group 44 because they were using 6 inch wheels. >>

A little earlier, I had T. Hoff of in North Carolina widen four Buick Special
rim to six inches for my TR-3.  I was allowed 5 1/2" at the time, but figured
that 6" would be legal in a year or two.  The first time I put these rims on
the car, a Tech. Inspector measured them (Mid-Ohio track) and caught me.  I
told him that that is an accident.  He said that I could run, but someone may
protest me.  I told that I was slow enough that I was not worried about being
protested.  The very next year, the rims were legal.