fot

Re: Wheels?

To: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@top.monad.net>,
Subject: Re: Wheels?
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:23:49 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew Wilder <mwilder@top.monad.net>

>   Since I recently got my but kicked at a divisional Solo 2 when it
> rained and I was the only one left on slicks, I'm thinking I need a set
> of wheels for rain tires.  Rather then spend $800 for another set of
> Panasports I was wondering what size the TR250 and TR6 wheels are?
> (offsets, etc) I should be able to find a set somewhere. (laborday at
> Limerock anyone?)  Then I'd just need to find tires to fit them.

TR6 wheels (which are 15" x 5.5") are not strong enough to race or autocross
regularly on. I asked the same question of this group a couple of years ago,
and I received many replies describing how the center section can pull out
of the rim, leaving you in much the same situation as someone who breaks an
axle. You can buy strong but heavy steel wheels made for racing for a lot
less $$$ than the Panasports.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U with A type o/d since 1983
TR4 VSDCA Group 2 #58 (Look for me near the back of the pack)
Highland Park, IL