fot

Re: Neat!

To: wiseman@titan.com
Subject: Re: Neat!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:45:59 -0700

wiseman wrote:

> Joe
>
> Unless I missed something also, you can run any non-forced induction in
> Street Prepared {SCCA}, even
> fuel injection.

I guess then that I am a bit confused by the ambiguity f the SCCA rules.
Here's why:

The Prepared class for Spitfires (which is supposed to be higher performance
that Street Prepared) only allows the following:

2 1.25" SU's on 1147 engines
2 1.25" Strombergs or SU's  or 2 1.5" Stromberg (or SU) on 1296 engines
1 1.5" Stromberg or 1 1.5" SU on a 1496 engine.

Admittedly, I did not look at the carb requirements on SP classes because I
wanted to lose all the glass and interior of the Spit.  But
I am confused as to why the carb restrictions are up and down this way!

Joe (C)