fot

Re: Coil mounting?

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: Coil mounting?
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:34:24 -0600
In all of the Triumphs I have had since the early 80's, I only had one coil that
leaked oil.  It had been in the car for years, and decided it was time to give
up the ghost about two years after I got the car.  It still worked, but oil was
oozing out around the cap -- you need to replace them when that happens.  I
believe the oil in the can coils performs the same function as it does in
transformers -- insulation and heat damping of electrical impulses.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan  :)