fot

Re: Coil mounting?

To: racespit@netzero.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil mounting?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:48:22 EST
In a message dated 11/21/00 6:25:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
racespit@netzero.com writes:

<< My teacher was employed by the power company there for 32 years before
 retiring to teach.  He said if you park your car under a transformer and it
 leaks it will eat your paint pretty immediately (that stuff is apparently
pretty
 vicious and hazardous besides) -- the electric company will pay to repaint
your
 whole car no questions.  I kept trying to park my terrible-paint-job first
Spit
 under one, but couldn't find any with a parking place under them!

Painting a car is relatively cheap compared with other associated expenses.
In the Pittsburgh area, a crew routinely looked for leaking transformers.
When a transformer failed, several hundred and sometimes a few thousand
people are in the dark.  Then the utility might be into paying for freezer
loads of food for restaurants and other damages.

The utility was also under attack by the public for the cancer causing
characteristics of this oil in the surface water and the water table (PCB's?).