fot

Re: Coil mounting?

To: marshall@nefcom.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil mounting?
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:11:29 EST
Our coil has been mounted horizontially for several years. The last location
was on top of the pedal box.

It never occurred to me that it would be a problem...and it hasnt seemed to
be.

Joe Alexander
<< Amici:

 I'm converting the TR4 back from a Crane to a Bosch old style coil.  I read
 somewhere that these coils should, or possibly "must", be mounted
 vertically.  I've also been told that it's best not to have it mounted
 directly on the block where the factory put it.  Based on the space
 available under the hood, I'd much rather mount it horizontally above the
 pedal box.  I'm guessing that the reason for not mounting it horizontally
 is in case it breaks open and oil leaks out.. is that it and how likely is
 that to happen?

 BTW, thanks again to everyone who helped me with the carb question last
 week, it seems to have been taken care of by a new throttle shaft and
 (lots) of tweaking of mixture, timing and balance by someone who knows what
 he's doing (not me).

 Thanks,
 Don