fot

RE: Coil mounting?

To: <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <racespit@netzero.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Coil mounting?
From: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:58:36 -0500
I remember working on my first car.  Everything that came off the car had to
be torn down to the last nut just to see how it worked.  Same for the coil.
It had a carbon rod down the center, a black powder cake substance filled
the tin container. Not much to look after all that work hacking it open.
Never have had much interest in opening another.  One of those "been
there...blah, blah, blah," things.

Now if we're talking transformers that's another matter.  Those big gray
cans on top of power poles in your neighborhood are with out question full
of oil.  That stuff made the best "Smoke Oil" for aerobatic airplanes.  A
beautiful thick white smoke that just hangs in the air like a cloud.   After
many years I found out it breathing that thick white smoke wasn't in my best
interest.   "But I didn't inhale!!!!

Dave