fot

Re: water pump speeds

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: water pump speeds
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 08:55:08 -0700
"Michael D. Porter" wrote:
> Has anyone investigated use of
> a scroll-vane pump or some other arrangement? Mere speculation, mind
> you. Not necessarily encouraging yet another manufacturing project.

'Improved' impellors, with curved vanes, are available from BFE,
probably Racestorations and others as well.  Reportedly work well, even
with stock pulley ratios at high rpm, but I don't know any details.
NFI, etc.

I've also heard of cutting off two of the stock vanes, to reduce
cavitation and improve circulation above 4000 rpm, but have never tried
it.

I wonder, how much of the cavitation problem is caused by blocking off
the bypass ?

Randall