fot

RE: GT-6/Spitfire brakes

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: RE: GT-6/Spitfire brakes
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:44:51 -0700
Joe Curry wrote :

> Finally, while everyone's statements are basically correct, the
> statement I got from my engine builder also is.  The "System"
> pressure does increase
> if you use a smaller slave cylinder (caused by more pressure on
> the pedal).  It has to, otherwise the system would not do it's
> job.

Well, now we're at least into something that _might_ be true, although it's
not at all what everyone interpreted your original post to say.

However, if we're talking about only changing one pair of slave cylinders
and not all of them (eg rear slaves but not front), the system pressure
doesn't necessarily go up.  As an extreme example, once the front brakes
start to lock, I don't give a @*# what the rears do, I'm getting off the
pedal !

Randall