fot

Re: GT-6/Spitfire brakes

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: GT-6/Spitfire brakes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:47:08 -0700
Once again,

In a stationary system, with a constant source of pressure, this is the case.

But the system does not have a constant pressure and the slave cylinder moves,
so it is not a stationary system.

The fluid will travel along the path of least resistance and seek the piston
when pressure is applied.  Pressure on the input end (master cylinder)
shows up on the other end as movement of the slave cylinder system.  The amount
of energy put into the system is going to be equal to the energy that
is gotten out of the system (see the law of conservation of matter and energy).
 If the slave cylinder is smaller than the master cylinder, it stands
to reason that that amount of energy will be concentrated on a smaller area and
therefore will be expressed by a smaller piston as a greater force
applied to the brakes or clutch.

Now, that makes sense to me (May not be correct, but it certainly makes
sense)!!!  :)

Joe (C)