fot

Re; In car video

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; In car video
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:20:24 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I know I should probably post this to another mail list, but for the life
of me I can't find any definitive answers...

I've been mounting a cheap-o 8mm camcorder to my roll bar with an I/O Port
roll bar camera mount. The product is a very fine mount, and by all
measures should work fine, but alas...

There seems to be this vibration when the engine reaches 6300 RPMS...

Seriously, with the "sprint" TriumphTune springs, even running over cracks
in the pavement makes the video "jump". Other events that screw up the
video - shifts, heavy acceleration, rapid turns. Get the picture? (or the
pun??) - I have two hours of the shakiest video ever produced.

I'm looking for recomendations for better in-car shots.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

regards,
rml

p.s. maybe I have to work at being smooth... yah, that's the ticket!
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |