fot

Re: How much horsepower?

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: How much horsepower?
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:00:42 -0600
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? I'm sure you've heard that
before. It is posted on the wall at the guys shop that does fabrication
for me. He also has a sign that reads "The reason you're here is because
nobody else either can or will do what you want. That's why the price is
so high.."He also often referred to "FREE horsepower'. That came from
spinning things faster. Easy to say, expensive to do.

144 HP at the wheels through a gearbox and  final drive sounds pretty
impressive.

Legal? Who's rule?. Who interpreted them? Who's checking up on you? Do
they do it as you leave the track, or at an annual tech at the beginning
of the year?.
In the SCCA when you finish on the podium you only get an invitation to a
tech session to prove you comply. In vintage, there is probably cold beer
at the end of the day and that's about it. Are you at the "Legal" weight?
Lots of folks run at a much lower weight than the old SCCA GCR allowed.
Adding lightness is worth lots of horsepower and is cheaper, until you
reach a point.

It's also nice to have that sea level air pressure to work with.

Keep making 'em faster!
Bill

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:44:24 -0700 Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com> writes:
>     Okay, guys, give it up... what should a well tuned LEGAL TR3/TR4
> engine
>     make for power, and what type of $$$$$ commitment will it take
> to get
>     there?
>

> And what's with this LEGAL thing.  I thought we wuz racing, not
> trying to
> get into heaven.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!