fot

Explosions

To: fot@autox.team.net, british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Subject: Explosions
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:51:31 EDT
I was struck with the magnitude of hate that had to be present to create an
atmosphere that would permit such an act. I also recalled the recent episode
of hate from Ireland, little school children being subjected to thrown rocks
and bombs, then a vivid image came to me.  It was of the little black school
girl in the 50's trying to go to a newly integrated school and adult white
people SPITTING in her face as she walked by.  That image has stuck with me,
illustrating an aspect of mankind that is real and must be controlled.

Hate engenders more hate.  Where does it all end?  After a talk about the
recent events my 16 year old son said " Maybe something good will come out of
it".

Whoever was responsible for this incredible, barbaric, senseless act of hate
and violence should be called to account.  Then I fervently hope that we can
examine our national psyche and try to determine what we can do besides
escalate the hate and violence.  What are we as a nation doing to contribute
to the hate, what can we do to diminish it.  Yes, there will always be hate
in the world, but surely there is far too much now. It is deep in too many
cultures.  Surely we as a nation can demonstrate our power and greatness by
some means other than contributing to the spiral of violence. We must
remember that whatever we do in response to this horror can create more
horrors for both us and our children in the future.

I hope, wherever you are, you will find a way to add your voice to the
message that more violence alone will not stop the violence.

Personally I think is time that Israel and the Palistinians stop acting like
vicious animals. I think all governments should take a page from the
Mennonites and begin to shun them both.  Let the blood of their violence be
all on their hands, none on ours.  The Middle East is a cesspool of hate, I
trace it to Hitler and his campaign of hate during WWII.

All the Best
Bob Paul
Corrales, NM  USA