fot

Re: Survey

To: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Survey
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:40:02 -0600
I tow my GP Spitfire on an open trailer. The trailer carries a "Kansas Under
2M" tag because in Kansas I do not need to tag a trailer weighing less than
2000# loaded. (Actually, it is closer to 2200 because the car is
overweight -- hope no KHP troopers are on this list! :-)

Tow vehicle is a Chevy Beauville van. That's a 350 ci van, 5-seater, windows
all around. I won't have a van that does not have full windows. I like it
better than a pickup because I can lock all my stuff inside and it is more
secure. Not to mention protected from the weather. I also built a corner
"security box" that fits behind the left rear door and goes forward to about
halfway along the rear inner fender hump. Inside this I keep toolboxes, jack
and loose tools, things that might be most tempting to any nefarious sort
peeking in the windows. It just sits there loose, so I can take it out if
need be.

This is my second Beauville. My '75 I sold in 1995, mostly because my wife
complained about its lack of air conditioning, and the current one is an
'89. Since it is a personal vehicle, Kansas lets me tag it as a car, but
when Chevy built it they built it as a truck, so it has truck strength and
capability. It's towed over the Rockies with no real problem. It's made any
number of long-haul tows too -- this year alone an 11-hour run to Memphis
and two eight-hour jaunts to St. Louis.

It's more than capable of doing the tow, provides a lockable secure place
for all the stuff, and is shelter from the elements. And the price (used)
was within budget. Everything I require.

--Rocky