fot

Re: Survey

To: jprice1@txcyber.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Survey
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:19:32 EST
1989 F350 Dually super cab. Bought in 1992. Why a dually, etc? The price was
soooo right. Really don't need a dually but it sure keeps the rear end on the
road......and probably don't need a 350 either...a 250 Super Duty is
plenty....but the price was right. Probably didn;y need stereo, captains
chairs, cruise, tilt, Ac and all the bells and whistles.... but the price was
right.

And since it had a 10,000 tow package on it (previous owner used to haul a 36
foot 2 car trailer to Denver and other sites)....... it allowed me to buy the
trailer I wanted (and needed if Joanne was to travel with me as well)....26
foot enclosed box trailer. Heavy trailer (3000 lbs empty) but has roof
bracing for roof top observation and full 6 inch deep frame for heavy cars
like Mustangs, etc. And each tax return it gets more like a towed motor
home....microwave, AC, compressed air, bathroom, stove, sink, water, etc. And
i still have the truck to drive to town once we drop the tow atthe track.

Overkill.?..a bit. But it tracks like it's on rails..... and the price was
right.

The down side is gas mileage. with a C6 3 speed as used in the 2 ton trucks,
I get no overdrive gear but I don't have to worry about ever burningthe
tranny up either.

Fully loaded the trailer is about 6000 pounds....and I often have tools and
spares in the truck (If I get lazy I have even hauled a spare engine to the
track with a breakdown lift....just in case (hey!!.... if you go to race...be
prepared to finish and get your money's worth right?)

Mileage.... 9 to 11 mpg empty long haul........ full...totally full.... 6.5
to 8.5 up or down hill....about 7+ avg. Extra tanks? youbet.

So..... never needs a repair..... hauls mountains over nmountains...smooth
ride....doesn't slow below 45 or 50 even on the local steep grades..... but
it cost in the gas department.

Hey gas is $1.19 at the corner!!....seems like it's a bargain again!

Cheers!

Bill Burroughs, #195 1965 TR4A IRS
E Ticket Triumphs